Tuscaloosa authorities charge man with murder in missing persons case | News
TUSCALOOSA, AL (WBRC)- Police have upgraded charges from attempted murder to murder in the case of a missing man.
Thirty-year-old Antonio "Papa" Williams was reported missing July 17 and he has not been found. Tuesday, authorities upgraded charges against Alexius Foster to murder.
In late July, Tuscaloosa Metro Homicide Detectives charged 35-year-old Foster with attempted murder in the disappearance of Wiliams.
Investigators would not comment if they had located Williams but did say there's new evidence in the case indicating Williams is dead.
"Right now we feel we have a very good grasp as to what went on...what lead to the incident that night. So we're hoping to keep moving forward," Tuscaloosa Metro Homicide Sgt. Dale Phillips said.
Foster is in custody at the Tuscaloosa County Jail on a $1 million bond.
Copyright 2013 WBRC. All rights reserved.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 2 Hokes Bluff schools closed Friday after 18 people report breathing problems
- 17 Hokes Bluff MS students, 1 teacher hospitalized for breathing problems
- Police: Double shooting in Gadsden may have been suicides
- Gadsden PD search for driver who hit police cruiser
- 4 suspects charged in 2 unrelated burglaries in Altoona